- 250g low fat turkey/beef/lamb mince
- ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 120g red kidney beans
- ¼ tsp salt or sea salt
- 200g of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp tomato purée
- 1300g of sweetcorn
- 1 finely diced medium sized red onion
- 1 Whole-wheat tortilla wrap
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat a large skillet/frying pan to a medium heat on the hob.
- Add in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Fry the onion until soft and add in the mince.
- Once the mince has been broken up finely and cooked through thoroughly proceed to add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and add in the spice mix ingredients, salt, kidney beans and sweetcorn.
- Mix through, and heat until simmering. Stir occasionally and give it around 10-15 minutes on the heat. Best to judge when it’s ready in person, depends on pan etc.
- Whilst the chilli is simmering, fold the tortilla wraps in half (to form a semi-circle) and then fold over again. Proceed to cut them into triangles to create “nachos”. Disperse these over an ovenproof tray and place under the grill until crispy on both sides.
- Serve the chilli in a bowl or plate and divide the nachos evenly out amongst the portions and enjoy.