- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely grated ginger
- 1 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 425ml vegetable stock
- 250g carrot (preferably organic), sliced
- 200g can cannellini beans (no need to drain)
- Supercharged topping
- 2 tbsp almonds in their skins, cut into slivers
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic, and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the nutmeg and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the stock, add the carrots, beans and their liquid, then cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Scoop a third of the mixture into a bowl and blitz the remainder with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Return everything to the pan and heat until bubbling. Serve topped with the almonds and nutmeg.