- 250ml water or chicken broth
- 120g brown and wild rice blend
- 200g trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons Herbes de Provence blend, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring water or broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add brown and wild rice blend and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low, to maintain a simmer and cover. Simmer until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, toss Brussels sprouts, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon herbs, ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet. Toss chicken thighs, paprika, the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, the remaining ½ teaspoon of herbs and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in the bowl until coated. Arrange among the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts and chicken, rotating the pan, and stirring the sprouts once, until the chicken is cooked through and the sprouts are tender, and browning, 26 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Drizzle the maple mixture over the hot Brussels sprouts and chicken, sprinkle with pepper and serve with the rice.