- Red Lentils – (100g)
- 450g Butternut squash chopped.
- 1 small carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 30g of leeks
- 750ml veg stock (homemade/low salt bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- Cook red split lentils in a pot and cook for 15 minutes. Empty water.
- In a pot sauté onion, garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add stock, chopped butternut squash, celery, carrot and leek
- Add herb seasonings.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until chicken is cooked. Approx. 20 minutes
- Puree half of the soup in the blender if you prefer a creamy soup.
- Serve with 1 slice of spelt bread +1 tsp. butter