For the marinade:
- 4tbsp vegan (non-dairy) yoghurt
- 1tsp medium curry paste or garam masala
- 1tsp tomato puree
For the skewers:
- 100g extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 small green or yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Olive oil, for greasing
For the dip:
- 5 tbsp non-dairy yoghurt
- ¼ cucumber, finely diced
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salad of your choice and lemon wedges
- Mix together the marinade ingredients thoroughly, and add the tofu, coating well.
- Leave in the fridge for at least an hour so that the marinade seeps into the tofu.
- If grilling put the grill on high.
- Thread marinated tofu and vegetables alternately on to the skewers. Place on a greased tray, or if using barbecue, leave on a plate to take outside.
- Make the dip by combining the yoghurt, cucumber and mint.
- Whether you use the barbecue or grill, turn the kebabs over regularly to avoid burning.
- When cooked and slightly charred, remove and serve with salad and lemon wedges.