- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound salmon filet, pin bones removed, if necessary
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon of dried fennel
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, optional
- ½ lemon cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Stir butter and garlic in a small dish.
- Cut two long sheets of foil, and lay overlapping on a baking sheet to create a rectangle of foil. Spray centre area lightly with cooking spray.
- Pat salmon dry. Place the salmon on top of the foil skin side down. Brush the butter mixture over the salmon. Sprinkle with dried thyme, parsley & fennel.
- Add salt and pepper. Fold the foil over the salmon and seal up into a packet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the salmon is just cooked through, 15 to 19 minutes. Carefully open packets. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into portions. Serve with lemon wedges and steamed broccoli or a green salad.