- Little Gem 2, cut into chunky pieces
- sugar snap peas 50g, halved
- red onion 1, thinly sliced
- capers 2 tbsp
- hot-smoked salmon/cooked salmon fillet 150g
- crusty bread to serve (optional)
- buttermilk or kefir 100ml
- white wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- caster sugar a pinch
- chives a bunch, finely chopped
- To make the dressing, whisk together the buttermilk, vinegar, sugar and some seasoning and stir in the chives.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl with the sugar snaps, red onion and capers and toss gently. Pour in 1/2 the dressing and toss again. Flake over the salmon and gently toss again.
- Tip into a serving bowl, drizzle over the rest of the dressing and serve with crusty bread, if you like.