- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1500g dried risotto rice
- 300 ml vegetable stock, simmering in a saucepan
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A small handful of watercress
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic and stir over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the courgette to the pan and stir for a further 4 minutes.
- Tip in the rice and stir to coat in the oil.
- Add a ladle full of the hot stock to the pan and stir. When the stock has been absorbed, repeat with another ladle of stock and continue doing this until the rice is cooked and the stock has been absorbed,
- Stir in the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes to heat through.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with the nutritional yeast and watercress.