- 2 bone-in pork chops, 1/2-3/4 inch thick trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 200g sliced mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake & oyster
- 60ml dry white wine
- 100ml of single cream
- A small handful of chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon and/or parsley
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 2 pork chops. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chops.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- Add shallots and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring up any browned bits, until the liquid is mostly evaporated, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and herbs; cook until bubbling, about 1 minute more.
- Serve the chops with the mushroom sauce.