- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1/2 fresh green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- olive oil
- 50 g couscous
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- squeeze of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
- Peel and chop the squash into large chunks, finely chop the chilli, then place into a roasting dish. Scatter over the cumin seeds and thyme sprigs, then toss together with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with sea salt and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cooked and lightly golden, turning halfway.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to sit 1cm above the couscous. Cover the bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork, stir in the lemon zest and juice, the roasted squash and 1 tablespoon of oil. Serve scattered with the pumpkin seeds.