- 250g green beans
- 1/2 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts in oil
- 5 peppadews, sliced
- 1/2 tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g feta cheese, broken into small chunks
- 10g black olives
- parsley to garnish
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam or blanch the green beans for three minutes. Plunge into ice water to refresh.
- Lift the artichokes out of the oil in the jar and reserve the oil for the croutons.
- To make the croutons, break the leftover bread into large pieces. Drizzle over with some of the reserved oil from the artichokes and season well. Toast on a medium to hot barbecue until crispy or on a baking tray in the oven at 180°C until golden.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Toss together the green beans, artichokes, peppadews, cannellini beans, feta cheese and olives and drizzle with the dressing. Optional: place the artichoke hearts on a medium-hot barbecue and grill briefly, until charred.
- Just before serving, add the herby croutons so that they don’t go soggy. Garnish with the parsley.