- 1 cup red quinoa (or the creamy coloured variety)
- 2 cups low-salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 250g sugar snap peas
- small packet of radishes, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 2 limes
- a few drops of Tabasco (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Place the quinoa and stock in a small pot and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until the stock has been absorbed and the quinoa has fluffed up. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Steam the sugar snap peas for 3 minutes, then refresh in a bowl of ice water until completely cool.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and season to taste. Pour the dressing evenly over the quinoa and fluff up with a fork. Taste and see if you need to adjust the dressing or seasoning. Mix through the sugar snap peas, radishes, spring onions, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- This will keep for 2 to 3 days in the fridge.