- 125g smoked mackerel fillets
- 100g cooked beetroot (cubed or finely sliced depending on preference)
- 1 clementine (peeled and portioned into segments)
- Mixed salad leaves
- For the dressing:
- 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of freshly minced garlic
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- Juice of 1 clementine
- Salt and pepper to season
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large non-stick bowl; the oil, garlic, orange juice and chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a heaped serving of mixed salad leaves to each serving dish
- Divide the beetroot and clementine segments equally between the two dishes
- Flake the smoked mackerel across both dishes
- Finally, drizzle the dressing over the two dishes, ensuring you cover the entire dish. Serve