- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cups chopped veggies (like red bell pepper, butternut squash, kale)
- 80g of ground turkey
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp each dried oregano and chili powder
- 2 large burrito-size soft tortillas
- salt and pepper
- Avocado, sour cream, cilantro and lime for topping
- PREP THE VEGGIES: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and veggies, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pep-per. Saute until fragrant and softened — about 10 minutes — stirring frequently. Turn off the heat and pour the veggies into a large bowl. Set aside.
- BROWN THE MEAT: Return the pan to medium heat and add the re-maining tbsp of olive oil. Add the turkey and remaining salt and pepper to the pan. Break up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it’s browned and cooked all the way through, add the spices and stir to coat. Cook for another 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- BRING IT TOGETHER: Pour the meat into your bowl with the veggies. Stir to combine and (if making ahead to freeze) allow to cool. Spread your tortillas out on a clean surface, assembly-line style. Divide the fill-ing evenly on top of each tortilla. Wrap up your burritos