- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spring onions
- ½ fresh green chilli
- ½ bunch of fresh basil
- 8 large unpeeled raw prawns
- 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- 50 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 4 thin slices of focaccia bread
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 handful of ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocados
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lime
- extra virgin olive oil
- Light the barbecue. peel and finely slice garlic cloves and spring onions. De-seed and chop the chilli and basil. Pull off and discard the little legs from the underside of the prawns. Halve the lemon.
- When you’re ready to cook, place a heatproof pan over a high heat. Add a splash of oil, the garlic and spring onions and cook for a few seconds. Add the chilli and basil. Then add the chilli sauce and a splash of water, cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Place on the cool side of the grill until needed.
- Toast the focaccia slices on both sides until crisp and golden. Halve the remaining garlic clove and rub all over the toasted focaccia, then keep warm until needed. Slice all your tomatos and avacado, place in a bowl and drizzle with the balsamic.
- Drizzle the prawns with oil and place on the hot side of the barbecue along with the lemon, cut-side down. Grill for around 4 minutes on each side, or until crisp on the outside and cooked through
- Place the garlicky focaccia onto a nice serving platter. Arrange the tomatoes and avocado on top. Drizzle everything with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Once cooked, transfer the prawns to the pan of glaze using tongs, then squeeze in the grilled lemon (making sure to avoid adding the pips). Toss a couple of times to coat, then carefully add to the top of the salad. Tear over the basil leaves, then serve.