- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced broccoli
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup drained & flaked tuna
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs/almond flour (use gluten free bread if on gluten free diet)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Serve with side salad : 1 cup of rocket, 2 baby cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, squeeze of lemon juice +1/2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a medium sized frying pan, sauté the broccoli and onions in 1 coconut oil over medium heat until they are beginning to turn soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, broccoli and onions, tuna, almond flour, garlic, and dill. Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Warm pan.
- Pack a 1/2 cup metal measuring cup with patty mixture and carefully ease the mixture. Reduce temperature to medium low, and fry the patties for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with side salad