- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- ½ tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 100g mixed salad greens, such as frisée, watercress, escarole and/or curly endive, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small endive, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 2-inch slivers
- 60g white mushrooms, sliced
- 20g chopped walnuts, toasted
- To prepare vinaigrette: Combine shallot, vinegar, mustard and salt in a small bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk in oil.
- To prepare salad: Combine salad greens, endive, fennel and mushrooms. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.